Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I know what I want to be when I grow up

As I wrote an essay for a scholarship my fingers typed an amazing transcript. As I read it I realized that I have found my passion. We need to bring manufacturing

Through taking two English classes I have found a desire to write. My American history class presented the economic situation of our nation. It was suggested that the US has transpired from a manufacturing or production exporter to an administrative importer and consumer. While doing research for my writing I found how passionate I was about manufactures. The company I was recently laid off from is a manufacture, retailer and installer. The demand for affordable products has forced this company into layoffs and to import less expensive products to install. The economic strain the US is facing needs to be addressed. It is apparent that the government cannot and will not be able to fix this problem. Businesses in America need to become active in promoting jobs for Americans. If we do not stop this cycle we will find our entire nation being outsourced to other countries. I feel by obtaining a bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies and business. I can work with businesses and the legal aspects needed to promote a healthier economy for the United States. As a woman and a mother I can’t join the military to help protect the freedoms we enjoy in America. However, Edward Bulwer-Lytton said, “the pen is mightier than the sword.” I have the opportunity to use my pen to express and persuade others to fight for this great nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment