Monday, April 20, 2009

Home Improvement

I purchased a garbage disposal a year ago getting ready for my new kitchen counter top, sink and faucet. My former employer was manufacturing a new line of counter tops, my kitchen would be a "test kitchen". To make this long story short the counter tops never got made. Before leaving my job I asked for the new sink and faucet (they had some lying around). Saturday was the day to install a garbage disposal (we have lived without one for 2 1/2 years). Tearing out the sink was pretty easy, there was missing dry wall so I began to work on that. The new sink of course the width was to narrow with my existing counter tops. Using the old sink was my only option, I began to take the catcher off the side I would be putting the disposal. With old houses everything is put together with glue, I had to call and bribe my brother (he lives around the corner) to come and get it off. This project ends up taking 3 trips to Homedepot 12 hours and a very sore body. The good news is I have a garbage disposal and new faucet that works and looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment